Coaches Bob Wolfrum, Steve Brunner and John Zima attended the PA State Football Coaches Association Clinic at Penn State earlier this month. Keynote speakers included Penn State Head Coach James Franklin, University at Buffalo Head Coach Lance Leipold and Rutgers Head Coach Craig Schiano.
The Spartan coaches also attended the following break-out sessions:
- Brian Borland, Defensive Coordinator at Buffalo – Leverage and Pursuit Drills
- Lou Esposito, Defensive Coordinator at Western Michigan – Defensive Front Strategy
- Marty Schaetzle, Head Coach at Mercyhurt – Utilizing the running back and tight end in the passing game
- Jeff Earls, Assistant Director of Performance Enhancement at Penn State – Team Cultures
- Brett Dierson, Temple Special Teams Coordinator – Kickoff and Kickoff return drills
- Joe Lorig, Penn State Special Teams Coordinator – How Special Teams can change the game
- Ross Pennypacker, Villanova Special Teams Coordinator – Coverage Mechanics
- Dave Riede, Villanova – Linebacker Skills and Drills
- Tony Papley, Duquesne Defensive Line – Defensive Line Play
- Tyler Yelp, Temple – Safety and Outside Linebacker Drills
- Penn State Staff – DB and WR Drills
- Temple Staff – QB and WR Drills
- Pitt Staff – Defensive and offensive line Drills
This past weekend Coach Wolfrum attended the Wings and Things Clinic in Altoona, PA. Middletown Head Coach Brett Myers spoke on the Hybrid Wing-T offense, and Mike Furlong, Defensive Coordinator at West Chester University, discussed third-and-long situations.
Staff members will attend three more clinics in the coming weeks.